Project Qualified European specialist from Dąbrowa Tarnowska, which we are a partner and hosting institution, were approved by Polish National Agency. In frame of it, 85 students from the school from Dąbrowa Tarnowska, will come to Greece in November 2017 and April 2018 to have a foreign internship, in the companies we cooperate with. Students study following professions: Hotel Technician, Logistic Technician, Economic Technician and Trade Technician.
Besides implementing an internship for students from school, project assumes another targets:
- raising the quality of education and increasing the attractiveness of the school,
- improvement of foreign language skills among participants (especially improving language competences in areas related to work: specialist terms, contact with clients and work in an international team),
- broadening the participants’ knowledge about Greece, their culture and tradition, increasing their openness and tolerance,
- getting the school’s experience necessary for the implementation of further European projects,
- increasing the independence of students by expanding school education with the experience of working in new professional environments,
- equalizing the chances of our school pupils (from a small town) in access to high-quality
international educational experience.
We are really happy that we can start cooperation with another polish school, as so far, we have really great experience with them. Also, we hire people who speak Polish fluently, so they can easily work with students who are coming to Greece. It is very important especially for them, because they not always speak English very well and have big communication barrier, connected with first trip abroad. To make it easier, each participant will take part in a preparatory cycle based on a proven methodology. It includes language crush-course, pedagogical, cultural, professional preparation and evaluation for personal development during the project.
Besides work, we also preparing for them some cultural programe. They will have a chance to see the most beautiful places in north region of Greece. We find it as a very important part of the project, which have big influence on students, who became more open- minded and curious about the world.
We cannot wait to host them in Greece!