The European project of foreign internships in Greece has started!
On 28.10-8.11.2019, a group of students from Zespół Szkół im. Kazimierz Pulaski in Gorlice studying the professions of Building Technician and Nutrition and Food Service Technician had a professional internship as part of the Project entitled „Conquering European Practices with ZSZ Pulaski in Gorlice”. The Conquest of European practices with ZSZ Pułaski in Gorlice, which is financed by the European Commission, granted by the National Agency of the PO WER Programme, VET sector.
A group of students educated in the fields of building technician and nutrition and food service technician, to whom the project activities are directed, for 12 days implemented the apprenticeship programme in accordance with the main assumptions of the project and the core curriculum of both fields. The aim of the internship was to develop skills within the profession, use theoretical knowledge in practice and learn about the specifics of work in enterprises. The course of the internship was supervised by trained staff consisting of mentors and instructors from the ZSZ in Gorlice, a Greek organization and companies selected for cooperation.
The Building Technician has become acquainted in practice with, among others
– techniques of performing construction works in Europe,
– the use of new tools and technologies in the construction area,
– recognition of technologies used in the company with particular attention paid to modern technological and material solutions,
– improve the practical application of theoretical knowledge combined with practice,
– recognize the devices, tools and equipment used, among other things, for carrying out surveying works, earthworks, raw state works, finishing works and external works,
– analyzed the specificity of work on real job positions in the profession.
The Nutrition and Food Service Technician has become acquainted in practice with, among others
– preparation of semi-finished products and food ingredients for further processing,
– decorating dishes, platters, tables and restaurants
– working in the restaurant at various positions: table setting, bringing ordered dishes, cleaning tables
– work in the kitchen at various positions: cooking soups, preparing dishes, preparing desserts, preparing drinks and regional cuisine.
As part of the cultural program, the students visited the monastery complex called Meteors, visiting the icon factory on their way. During a boat trip with Captain Kostas and the crew of Elizabeth Cruises they went on a fantastic cruise to Skiathos Island. On the ship there was time to have fun and learn typical Greek dances.
Due to the daily work of the apprenticeship, the participants could practice English and Greek. And at the end of the internship, the trainees received certificates confirming their acquired skills.