After the holidays, next group from ZSP CKU in Szydłów, under our project has come to Greece. This time 8 Car vehicles technicians, 7 Agriculture technicians and 6 Nutrition and food services technicians could use the possibility to make their internships in Greece. They spent with us 14 days and were here on the dates: 17-30 of September 2019, performing tasks under their profession.
Nutrition and food services technicians were working in the kitchen and restaurant of San Panteleimon Hotel, Car vehicles technicians in Auto Service Stelios and Agriculture technicians in Zeus Kiwi SA and Agricultural Product Processing and Trading Company SA. In each company young people could gain some useful skills, acquire new knowledge and competences about their profession.
While realizing the traineeship lasting together 80-hours, students did the practical tasks, indicated and supervised by people dedicated to coordination on-site practices. The tasks they fulfilled were – among others – the following:
- For TŻiUG group:
- apply the principles of rational use of raw materials;
- prepare different types of coffees;
- efficiently serve clients and fulfilled their orders;
- chose the additives necessary for the proper serving of coffees;
- apply the principles of flavoring food and drinks;
- select catering equipment for the expedition of specific dishes or drinks under specified conditions;
- operate equipment for the production and dispatch of food and drinks;
- select service methods for the catering services provided;
- select table underwear according to the circumstances, type of menu.
- For TPS group:
- accept vehicles for service and repair;
- conduct a customer interview;
- determine the causes of the failure;
- analyze technical documentation regarding car diagnosis and repair;
- select appropriate tools and equipment for service and repair work;
- diagnose traction control systems;
- control of the operation of engines using diagnostic testers;
- determine the technical condition of vehicles and their assemblies;
- carry out checking the technical condition of vehicles;
- preserve electronic installations and devices.
Besides of many different professional skills, during both of mobilities, youth could also develop their language skills, using English in everyday life and communicating with co-workers. They have also:
– become more open for new experiences,
– made the confrontation of previous experience related to work in Poland with those acquired while staying in Greece,
– get acquainted with the requirements that must be met in order to be an attractive candidate to work in a given industry, including verifying the knowledge and skills in confrontation with the expectations and standards of the receiving companies,
– gained new experiences that can be used on the Polish and European labor market,
– learned independence and coping with stress in various life situations,
– acquired team-work skills, work organization, division of tasks and executing orders of superiors,
– strengthened their faith in their own abilities, assertiveness and increase motivation for self-education,
– increased their chances of employment (both on the domestic and European market) by carrying out mandatory internships required by the core curriculum in an attractive international environment, which allows learning about another system, culture and work standards, and thus – their interest in intercultural issues and the ability to find a place in a multicultural society increased, as well as they broke stereotypes and established new relationships,
– raised their level of communicative and interpersonal skills,
– increased their level of self-confidence and realized the importance of the self-assessment process in terms of their own development,
– a sense of European citizenship has grown due to communing with another culture belonging to one European community,
– opened up to the world, widened their horizons and undertook active attitudes.
We are glad of being part of this wonderful experience for all the participants! Below You can have a look how the last group was working and spending their free time.